“A Strategic Plan allows for planning, execution, and reflection to occur for
StudentsNS. With such a high turnover of Board members, StudentsNS believes
that a long-term strategic plan is essential to ensure that the goals of StudentsNS
are not lost. Each year, the new Board will be able to use this Strategic Plan as
a measurement tool, a guiding document, and a reminder of work yet to be
accomplished. Our hope is that the affordability, accessibility, quality of post-secondary education continue to improve, while maintaining a strong role for the student voice. The five strategic directions StudentsNS will take with this Strategic Plan are:
1. Improving access and affordability to post-secondary education in Nova Scotia.
2. Ensuring more post-secondary graduates can stay in Nova Scotia to work.
3. Increasing student participation in civic engagement.
4. Building strategic and multi-sectorial partnerships.
5. Continuing to strengthen StudentsNS membership.
The 2016-2017 StudentsNS Board is excited to tackle these challenges as a part of a long history of strong student advocacy within our organization.”
The full plan can be found here: Strategic Plan 2016-2019